Question #11500252

Should I stay vegetarian? What is the best way for me to lose weight and stay healthy?

I have been vegetarian for the past ten years of my life. I still currently am. I will eat fish if I have too because I am afraid I don't get enough protein. I was allergic to milk and all its derivatives for majority of that time but I have recently overcome my allergy! :) I am also trying to loose some weight, maybe ten pounds. I want to have a flatter stomach and be fit and healthy. And I exercise currently 3-4 times a week. My food choices are limited though (college cafeteria). Recently I have been trying to eat healthier foods such as...vegetables, fruits, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fish, beans/lentils, nuts (mostly almonds)...I have avoided meat (duh), processed foods, any wheat or bread like product, sweets and desserts. I drink only water. My boyfriend is always poking fun that I'm a vegetarian and it is hard for us to find a place where I will eat more than a side salad. He is always encouraging me to just eat meat and telling his family that he's trying to bring me back to meat eating ways. So I guess my question is should I stop being a vegetarian? I really never liked meat, so if I did switch back I would only eat chicken and turkey (I only liked white meat from what I remember). I don't mind being a vegetarian, although it makes my choices limited sometimes. I'm a little afraid though to try meat again. Remember it has been ten years! So should I switch back? What would be the healthiest diet for me to follow? Please don't give any advice if you're just going to negatively comment on my food choices and eating habits. I want advice from educated people! Thank you so much!!

2013-11-01 03:26:30

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.