Question #13350294

I injured my left lower leg playing basketball and need help figuring out what happend. Can someone help?

The guy landed on my lower left outside part of my lower leg about 2 to 3 inches above my ankle (fibula?) I felt pain there and on the inside part of my left knee (MCL?). I was able to limp to the bench but didn't play the rest of the game. I was able to walk to my car and drive home. It's been about 4 hours since the injury occurred and I feel no pain walking, sitting, or touching the two areas and there is no bruising or swelling. However, it does feel somewhat numb/sore on my lower leg and if I put pressure down on my leg and lean medial (similarly to how the injury occurred) that's when I really feel it. I'm hoping that I really got lucky and there is no damage at all and it's just sore from the awkward bend BUT I am very worried to go back out and play next week and something freakish happen, like Kevin Ware from the Louisville Cardinals. Any kind of explanation of what possibly happened and how to truly know if there is an injury or not would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

2014-01-27 04:41:25

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.