Question #6300024

New to running - Pain in outter Calf?

I have recently started the jogging app C25K. It does walking and jogging in intervals. So far I have not moved past the first level (after 2 weeks) because I still get this pain on the right side of my calf (outside) about 15 mins into the workout. I suppose it could be shin splints? But it hurts more when I stop to walk, as opposed to running and sometimes to where i limp the rest fo the way home. It feels better after a few minutes at home and then nothing the rest of the day. I thought the pain could be my legs using muscles it is not use to, but when does the pain start to go away? and wouldn't my legs hurt all day? I know I could also not be using the right shoes and I plan to buy some if this is something I plan to stick with. Anyone know what this is? Any tips? Oh and also I do light stretching before work out and then a little through out the day as well. Any help would be appreciated!

2013-05-13 18:52:30

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.