Question #6800129

Which of these guns should I choose for Home Defense (apartment)?

Hey all I am 21 and looking to purchase my first gun. My wife and I are having a baby this summer and I figure it is time to get serious about home defense. I have fired a few shotguns and rifles but have never had my own. We live in a 2 story apartment with both bedrooms upstairs and living area down stairs. Neighbors on both sides so over penetration is a concern. I am torn between a shotgun and handgun. I am looking at either a Remington 870 (not a tactical as I would like to be able to duck hunt also) or possibly a .38 or .357 revolver, or a .45 semi auto. I would use bird shot if I choose the shotgun. With the pistols, is there some sort of ammo I can safely fire in an apartment if I had to. Although a shotgun is my first choice, I am worried I have no good place to conceal it in my bedroom. A pistol vault box would be much easier to hide. Also a pistol would be easier for my wife to handle in a stressful situation. Any advice on what to get would be great! Thanks

2013-05-28 10:31:55

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.