Question #7700015

Sikhism and Hair...........?

I am 14 years old. All my life I grew up wearing a turban and now that I am entering high school I want to cut it. I was bullied a lot growing up. And I really wanted to cut my hair just to fit in at school. But I want to cut it for even bigger reasons now. I am the only sikh person in my entire high school which probably means the bullying will get worse. I want to join sports like swimming and golf and track but when I'm outside doing track I start to get dizzy and about to faint so I couldn't do it anymore. I'm trying to lose weight and get in shape right now too but the issue is that my mom ties my turban for me and when she isn't home or managing my family business's she can't do it so I have to workout at home with no equipment I just do pushups and stuff. I want to go to New York on vacation with my sisters but can't because I don't know how to tie a turban so I will have to spend my summer at home. I want to cut my hair really bad but every time I want to the thought of my dad hits me. I'm his only son and he already isn't that proud of me because my sister is like the son he always wanted but I can't give that to him. I all can give him is good grades. My sister is like the captain of every sport at our high school. I'm my mom's favorite and I don't want to disappoint her either although she does want me to be a bit more athletic. Overall I'm just in a tough spot and need some advice.

2013-06-23 03:50:16

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.