Question #900055

Options other then my local computer stores.?

I just recently took my Acer Aspire slimline pc(model number AX1420G-U5832) and gutted it and put into a much bigger tower. The only thing i didn't keep out of the slimline was the Power Supply cause they tend to be the first thing to go in those PCs anyway. I put in a Hec HP 400d power supply. In total i got twice the amount of power i need to actually run my PC. So i went and bought a EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Graphics Card to put into it. I then went and checked around my local PC stores to make sure it will actually work(should have actually done this step before i bought the card lol), and they all said it would be fine since i probably won't be using but about 90% of the capacity of the power supply. But i wanted to ask other opinions as well cause I'm getting good and bad reviews on the power supply and no one will say why its bad or good. My System Specs are Hec HP 400d power supply AMD Athlon II X4 645 processor 3.10 GHz (uses 95w) 6gb Ram 1TB hard drive DVD +/-RW Drive EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Graphics Card(Uses at max 182w) Only thing i plan to do use the PC for is the internet and playing Guild Wars 2. So will this PC work for what I'm Going to use it for?

2012-10-12 08:58:26

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.