Question #11650022

Can You Check My Answer Please?

1. Where does the convection current in the mantle obtain its heat energy? a. Earth's core and crust b. Earth's mantle c. Earth's core and mantle d. Earth's mantle and crust I chose B 2. How do convection currents cause movement of earth's plates? a. The weathering of rocks in Earth's mantle cause plates to move. b. The entire cycle of heating, cooling, rising, and sinking of rocks in Earth's mantle causes plates to move. c. Convection currents transfer radiation energy to Earth's plates, which causes them to move. d. Convection currents in the Earth's core and crust cause Earth's plates to move. I was a little unsure of this one but I chose D 3. How does cycling of matter occur in Earth's mantle? a. Hot, soft rock rises from the bottom of the mantle toward the top, cools, and sinks back through the mantle. b. Hot, soft rock sinks to the mantle, cools, and rises to Earth's crust. c. Solid rock rises from the bottom of the mantle, cools, and sinks back through the mantle. d. Solid rock sinks to Earth's core and then rises to form lava. I was a little unsure of this one too but I chose D 4. What happens when you touch cold ice with your warm hand? a. Heat only transfers from the ice to your hand. b. Heat only transfers from your hand to the ice. c. Heat transfers from the ice to your hand and from your hand to the ice. d. Heat does not transfer between the ice and your hand I chose B

2013-11-07 18:46:51

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.