Question #14968094

Are my antidepressants not working?

So I was put on Luvox a little over a month ago for OCD and depression and I can't really tell if it's working or not. She started me off at 50mg a day which I thought was doing the trick within the first week. But I still experienced episodes of anxiety andisorder depression here and there which she said was normal. She then increased my dosage to 100mg, then 150. I recently went up to 200 (literally a day ago) and so far I don't feel much different than I did when I started taking it. I feel a little but more cleared up sometimes and slightly more in control of my obsessive thoughts, but I just thought it would have kicked in a little more by now. I haven't gotten worse, which is good. But I'm just kind of plowing through the days til I start feeling better. They say it can take 4-6 weeks to start feeling the positive effects, and I'm in that window right now so I'm hoping that I'll start to feel much better soon, especially since my dosage just went up. But I'm a little nervous I'm on the wrong med. I guess worse case scenario she'll just try something else on our next appointment (2 weeks), but I'm really starting to worry about random stuff. Like "what if I'm stuck in this rut forever" or "how long will it have to live like this". Idk I'm just trying to stay calm and patient but it gets really hard sometimes when my depression is really heavy. I'm just wondering if anything I am experiencing is normal?

2017-03-19 09:42:33

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.