Question #15218243

My dog has become extremely attached to me?

He's an old mastiff, about 9 or 10 years old. Lately he's been VERY attached to me and I'm not sure why. He doesn't seem to want to hang out with the other dogs anymore and he will follow me everywhere. He doesn't follow my parents or siblings, just me. It's gotten to the point where he wakes me up by crying and scratching outside my door to get inside. It's not that he just wants in my room, it's that he wants to be with me because he will follow me downstairs and then back upstairs to my room. I love him and I find it sweet that he loves me so much but I'm afraid this is going to become a problem, I'm not sure how to get it to stop. If I were to leave him in my room while I went to get something downstairs, he will start to cry. The vet said his health is perfect for his age so I find this a bit odd. Any suggestions? Will ignoring his crying outside of my door work for an older dog? All respectful answers appreciated, please excuse my ignorance of this situation. Thank you

2017-07-30 02:34:10

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.