Question #7699963

When is a good time to talk about my mental health issues?

I've been dating this guy I really like for about 4 weeks, and we've known each other for about 5. Things are nice right now, we text almost every day, we've been on four casual dates and I've met his son, although he has not met my daughter. I'm really into him and it seems like the feeling is mutual, although I haven't really asked. Anyways, I have a couple of mental health issues and I don't know when it's a good time to tell him my history and what's going. I am diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder. I have a history of self-harm, suicide attempts, i have been hospitalized twice for the same reasons at mental hospitals and I have auditory illusinations. I'm currently receiving help for everything. I have a psychiatrist who I see once a month, a therapist a see every other week, I attend intensive group therapy every week, and take 2 medications everyday. I know it's kinda a lot for someone who I've just started dating, but I wanna be considerate of his emotions. I don't want us to invest more time in each other if it turns out he's not ok with me and my "issues". So, in your opinion, when is it a good time to be fully open about my mental health? When would you like someone to let you know such things? I haven't said a single thing to him about any of it.

2013-06-23 03:48:35

TELL US , if you have any answer

There is NEVER a problem, ONLY a challange!

The helpinganswers.com is a free-to-use knowledgebase.
  The helpinganswers.com was started on: 02.07.2010.
  It's free to register. Once you are a registered user, you can ask questions, or answer them.
  (Unless registration you can just answer the questions anonymously)
  Only english!!! Questions and answers in other languages will be deleted!!

Cheers: the PixelFighters

C'mon... follow us!

Made by, history, ect.